Aetopia is a vibrant and expanding software company based in Belfast. We specialise in the development of leading-edge Digital Asset Management solutions (DAM) for a diverse and growing client base. Customers use our software platform to aggregate, store and share all types of digital assets, especially images, video and audio. Our technology stack also includes an Internet of Things (IoT) management framework for a global network of connected digital devices.
Aetopia is based in South Belfast, but our engineers can be based anywhere with hybrid or fully WFH/remote contracts available. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior software engineer to quickly use and further improve their skills in a mentored environment, and by participating in the development of innovative DAM and IoT solutions on modern cloud frameworks. At Aetopia, we use a diverse technical stack which includes Java, Spring, Docker, Elasticsearch, Vue.js and Bootstrap all deployed in the AWS cloud. We also have a significant investment in IoT, Lambda and Python for the management of our global devices network.
We’re definitely open to new ideas and fresh thinking - as a valued member of our team you will be influential in defining the future software tools we use. Unlike some larger companies, our team members work on broad areas of software development rather than having a narrow focus on a specific area. This offers an unmatched ability for our engineers to gain extensive experience in different technologies.
- Highly competitive salary, reviewed annually
- 6% Employer contribution pension
- Life Assurance
- Private health cash plan
- Access to training opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Develop, test and implement roadmap software features
- Collaborating / communicating / liaising with the delivery team on tasks, issues and features
- Assist with the management and resolution of customer support issues
- Manage the deployment of software into the cloud, including ongoing maintenance
- Customise the solution to meet project requirements as required
- Share your knowledge with the team by contributing to the company knowledge base
- Mentor junior members of staff and help support their professional development
- Third level IT-related degree or equivalent
- Strong Java coding skills, evidenced by 5+ years Java development experience
- A team player who enjoys working with others to solve complex problems and share knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of database design principles
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and business domain knowledge
We are informal, friendly, relaxed and definitely not corporate in our outlook. We respect and support each other and we always go the extra mile to make sure that our customers are happy. We value engineering excellence and believe that small, highly-performing teams are the key to company success. Our employees have significant levels of autonomy and get continuous feedback on their work due to our rapid deployment model.
Successful candidates will be involved with every part of the software development lifecycle, including full-stack feature development, bug fixing and DevOps, as well as engaging with project teams to tailor customer solutions. This is an ideal opportunity for a developer with proven technical and communication skills and a great track record to join an experienced and high-performing software team.
To apply for this position, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com